Beginning tomorrow, May 25, 2021, the health and safety guidance will change to the following.
1. Masks will be optional for students, teachers, staff, and visitors at I-35. (The CDC recommends all students and anyone not vaccinated continue to wear masks in the building).
2. Masks will be Recommended on all school buses including activity trips.
3. We will continue to practice extra time for good hygiene (hand washing).
4. We will continue to provide extra sanitation for the remainder of the school year.
5. We will continue to practice social distancing as much as possible in school and at school activities.
6. We continue to encourage families to keep their students home if he/she is sick.
7. We will notify parents if their student has been in close contact with someone at the school who tests positive.
8. We will suspend board policy 502.12 (Mask mandates).
9. We will update the Board Policy Code 507.3E1 Communicable Disease Chart.
These recommendations will be in effect until new and/or additional guidance is provided by the Iowa Department of Public Health, the Department of Education, Madison County Public Health or the Governor's Office.